jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: How to communicate between repository client and server with only JCR, JSR-170 API
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:47:20 GMT
the rmi implementation is jcr neutral, if you don't want to use RMI,
you need to run your application in the same VM as the repository.

the problem is, that jsr170 does not specify any remoting protocol.
but this will change in jsr283 (jcr2.0) which defines (among other new
stuff) a SPI.

regards, toby

On 2/27/07, Lubos and Alena Pochman <pochmans@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started exploring Jackrabbit and went over FirsHop, SecondHop, ThirdHop
> examples.
>
> I also deployed jackrabbit-webapp-1.2.2 servlet with WebDav repository
> server (can see it in DAV Explorer)
> over http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.2.2/repository/default/,
> http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.2.2/server.
>
> FirsHop, SecondHop, ThirdHop examples use TransientRepository(), and I have
> modified the jackrabbit server webapp
> and the ...Hop examples to use the server with creating repository like
> this:
>
>         String repoName = "rmi://localhost:5999/jackrabbit.repository";
>         ClientRepositoryFactory factory = new ClientRepositoryFactory();
>         Repository repository = factory.getRepository(repoName);
>
> The problem is that ClientRepositoryFactory is Jackrabbit implementation not
> a JCR, JSR-170.
> I would prefer to avoid RMI (but can live with it), and I would like client
> to be CMS neutral, do not use Jackrabbit, but use only
> JCR, JSR-170 complaint API.
>
> Is there a way?
>
> Thanks, Lubos Pochman

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97