jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Thompson" <elephant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JCR Browser] many to many relations/flexible hierarchies/references
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:45:44 GMT
On 2/26/07, avim <avi.moradi@timetoknow.org> wrote:

> What is the score in this case?
> Anyway I don't think it will give me the desired order, and there is a
> need
> for kind of predicates/relations with extra data/connection objects
> anyway.
> Any advice/best practices?

In my application, I had one instance where I needed to keep track of an
ordered list of references to other nodes in the repository.  At first
glance, using a multi-valued property on my tracker node seemed like the
best idea.  Since that doesn't guarantee any sort of order, I resorted to
orderable child nodes, each one of which has a property that refers to the
desired node.  It's a little less elegant, but until Jackrabbit supports
orderable multi-valued properties, it will have to do.

-Brian