jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Thompson" <elephant...@gmail.com>
Subject workspace.clone()
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:50:30 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to work with multiple workspaces in my repository, one workspace
for each language that the application will support.  To create nodes, I'm
doing

//default workspace
parentNode.addNode("company", "my:Type");

//log in to first workspace
ws1.clone("default", "/company", "/company", true);

//log in to second workspace
ws2.clone("default", "/company", "/company", true);

default: company UUID:  1234-5678
ws1:     company UUID:  2468-2468
ws2:     company UUID:  2468-2468

According to the javadocs, clone doesn't assign new UUIDs.  However, when I
look up the properties on these nodes, I find that the node in the default
workspace has one UUID, and the nodes in the other workspaces has a
different UUID!

While ws1 and ws2's corresponding nodes do have their UUID in common, I need
this to be common to all three workspaces for corresponding nodes.

Has anyone run into this type of thing before?

Regards,

-Brian