jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Wolf Benz <euroj...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: existing DB: how to begin...
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:14:42 GMT
Sending this to the entire list :-)  (hope Nicols doesn't mind)
Wolf

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Nicolas " <ntoper@gmail.com>
Date: Tue 6 Feb 2007 21:07:38 GMT+01:00
To: eurojava@gmail.com
Subject: Re: existing DB: how to begin...

Hi,

Why not write a transformer to a JCR repository and migrate your old
data?

BR
Nicolas

On 2/6/07, Wolf Benz <eurojava@gmail.com> wrote:
That's indeed what I meant :-)
The reply's not what I had hoped for, but thx anyway!
If only because this is always the question you get when you try to
pomote "JCR": "can we reuse our old data?" (which is, business wise,
a perfectly valid question as well!!)
--> From yr reply I think the reply to this one is then: yes, but not
without serious (one-time)support of a DBA that does a one-time
migration...

Wolf

On 06 Feb 2007, at 13:23, Jukka Zitting wrote:

Hi,

On 2/5/07, Wolf Benz <eurojava@gmail.com> wrote:
 > I guess I have a very common question:
 > Is it possible to use JSR-170 when your data ALREADY EXISTS...?
 > How you you map thsi then? ("this" being yr brand new nodes you wish
 > to use in yur new apps & your old DB-data)

You mean you have a custom database schema and want to access it
through the JCR API? Unfortunately I don't know of any JCR
implementations that currently do this.

BR,

Jukka Zitting