jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: custom nodes via RMI
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:30:53 GMT
Hi,

> On 2/13/07, Michal Hybler <m.hybler@email.cz> wrote:
> > Is it true that it is impossible to register custom node type via RMI?
>
> Yes. As of now JCR-RMI only supports the standard JCR interfaces, not
> any Jackrabbit-specific extensions.

Hmm, I actually added this exact feature as part of JCR-585 in
Jackrabbit 1.2... Shows how much I know!

To enable the jackrabbit-api extensions in JCR-RMI, you need to use
JackrabbitServerAdapterFactory instead of the default
ServerAdapterFactory class on the server side when you initialize the
remote endpoint. On the client side you also need to use
JackrabbitClientAdapterFactory instead of the default
ClientAdapterFactory class. Both classes degrade gracefully, so you
can use them also to access previous versions of Jackrabbit or even
other JCR implementations.

Note that these extendsions are not yet used by the RMI binding option
in jackrabbit-webapp, so you need to do the RMI binding with your own
code to use this functionality.

BR,

Jukka Zitting