jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IOException when trying to query - intermittently
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:07:04 GMT
Hi,

On 2/21/07, Michael Neale <michael.neale@gmail.com> wrote:
> Occasionally, I get the following error when trying to run a fairly mundane
> query:
>
> ERROR 21-02 15:06:12,573 (QueryImpl.java:execute:188)  -Exception while
> executing query:
> java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
>     at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
>     at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:850)
>     at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.FSDirectory$1.obtain(
> FSDirectory.java:119)
>     at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:53)

Strange. Are you running on Windows? I've occasionally seen similar
random IO errors on Windows especially if there's a dynamic virus
scanner or some similar background tool operating.

Alternatively it could be related to some query configuration issue.
Please send the <SearchIndex/> configuration entry in the
workspace.xml file within the workspace you're querying.

BR,

Jukka Zitting