jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 10:54:02 GMT
Hi,

On 2/6/07, Michal Hybler <m.hybler@email.cz> wrote:
> I have set -Xmx512m on ther server(under winddows xp).

OK.

> What does it mean I didnt provide JAR? Where can I get it?
> It istn standart part of JDK?

I was referring to the usage message you posted earlier:

c:\>java -Xmx512m -Xms512m
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
          (to execute a class)
  or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
          (to execute a jar file)

The usage message is caused by the fact that you didn't provide the
"class" or "-jar jarfile" part of the command line. The -X options are
just fine.

> Its Jakrabbit webapp and on this server runs Apache,Tomcat and about three
> databases.

OK.

None of this sounds too troublesome, so there's three main candidates
for the cause of your problem: 1) a memory leak in JCR-RMI, 2) your
memory settings (-Xmx512m) aren't active, 3) there's some other
application that's hogging all available memory.

I'm not sure how to best trace this, I tried this with a simple test
case but couldn't duplicate your problem. Can you post the full stack
trace you are receiving and the relevant parts of your client code
where you upload the file and save the transient state?

BR,

Jukka Zitting