jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeTypeRegistry.checkForReferencesInContent()
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:01:07 GMT
Hi,

On 2/7/07, anton_slutsky <aslutsky@applevac.com> wrote:
> I agree, examining each node manually would be safer, but, like you said, it
> probably wont scale performancewise.

Perhaps we could extend the persistence manager interface to support
something like this...

> Concurrency is an issue.  I was thinking on setting a semaphore or a mutex
> flag on the RepositoryImpl instance, but I was sure if it's possible to have
> two RepositoryImpl instances working on the same physical repository.  From
> what I've read so far, it doesnt appear that such a behavior is supported.
> If this can be confirmed to be a fact, the mutex solution should really do
> the trick.

Confirmed, your approach sounds good.

> Please pardon the ignorance, but what is an improvement request, and where
> can I file one? :-)

The Jackrabbit issue tracker is at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR. You can file a new issue
(improvement requests are one type of issues) once you've registered
an account. See also http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-322 for
the full feature request related to this. If you want you can also
attach your patch there.

BR,

Jukka Zitting