jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeTypeRegistry.checkForReferencesInContent()
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:24:05 GMT
Hi,

On 2/7/07, anton_slutsky <aslutsky@applevac.com> wrote:
> So what do you guys think of my implementation?  I really hate to deploy my
> apps with customized code.  I'd rather have it out there with an
> out-of-the-box jackrabbit.

Looks cool, though I have some concerns.

My main concern is about using search to find the node type
references. Normally this shouldn't be a problem, but since the search
index is a separate copy of the persisted content there is a chance of
coherence issues. More notably the search engine is pluggable and in
some cases it has been disabled alltogether. Using the actual item
state and persistence managers to look for references would IMHO be
safer, though as of now there are no access paths outside the search
index that would perform reasonably.

Another concern is concurrency. How can we make sure that there are no
concurrent modifications going on that might introduce new references
to the node type in question?

I think your patch is a good starting point but we still need work to
sort out all the relevant details. You may want to attach your patch
to JCR-322 or file it as a separate improvement request. I'd also
suggest that you take this thread to the developer mailing list.

BR,

Jukka Zitting