jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running the TCK
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:06:33 GMT

On 2/6/07, Sebastian Celis <Sebastian.Celis@stellent.com> wrote:
> I have recently begun work on writing a JSR-170 adapter.  During the
> development process, I would like to be able to use the TCK to test and
> make sure that I am complying with the spec.  However, after browsing
> through a number of readmes and websites, I have become quite confused
> as to where I should obtain and how to run the TCK.

Check out the TCK download link
http://www.day.com/content/en/product/jsr_170/tck/tckform.html that
you can find from the Final Release download page of the official JSR
170 page http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170.

Note also the exclude list available at
that lists the test cases with known issues.

> From what I understand, the TCK is included in the Jackrabbit subversion
> repository, so I have checked out the jackrabbit source from
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk

The TCK sources are included in the Jackrabbit codebase, but for
official certification you should be using the version available from
the above download link.

> How do I now take the contents of this repository and run the TCK against my
> adapter?  Is there any documentation on how to do this?  I have had a lot of
> trouble finding any.

To run the TCK on your adapter you need to implement a custom
RepositoryStub class and configure the TCK accordingly. You can check
the existing repositoryStubImpl.properties for an example on how
Jackrabbit is configured for the TCK.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message