jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Wheeler" <tomwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Is JCR/Jackrabbit Appropriate for Complex Java Object Persistence?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:23:28 GMT
I currently have a subsystem in a project I'm working on that provides
object persistence, caching, reference resolution and change
notification.  I also need to support additional capabilities in the
future such as transactions and versioning.

I came across Jackrabbit somewhat by accident last week and am new to
JCR  in general.  However, it seems like Jackrabbit does much of what
I need already, and I could easily wrap it to provide the rest.  In
fact, I've got a simple proof-of-concept working already.

Much of what I've read so far seem focused on content and document
management applications like blogs, wikis and CMS systems.  Is what
I'm trying to do a misuse of JCRs?  Is there some open source
framework on top of Jackrabbit already that makes it easier to use
them for general persistence of complex Java objects?

--
Tom Wheeler
http://www.tomwheeler.com/