jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Wheeler" <tomwh...@gmail.com>
Subject Is JCR/Jackrabbit Appropriate for Complex Java Object Persistence?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:23:28 GMT
I currently have a subsystem in a project I'm working on that provides
object persistence, caching, reference resolution and change
notification.  I also need to support additional capabilities in the
future such as transactions and versioning.

I came across Jackrabbit somewhat by accident last week and am new to
JCR  in general.  However, it seems like Jackrabbit does much of what
I need already, and I could easily wrap it to provide the rest.  In
fact, I've got a simple proof-of-concept working already.

Much of what I've read so far seem focused on content and document
management applications like blogs, wikis and CMS systems.  Is what
I'm trying to do a misuse of JCRs?  Is there some open source
framework on top of Jackrabbit already that makes it easier to use
them for general persistence of complex Java objects?

Tom Wheeler

View raw message