jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Brian Thompson <elephant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Internationalization of property values
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 02:44:45 GMT
The way I see it, you have three options:

Option 1:  Separate nodes, one for each language.  If you maintain
separate workspaces (again, one for each language), you can create the
initial movie node and clone() it to the other language workspaces.
Each language-version of the movie node will then share the same UUID,
making lookups easier (just log in to the appropriate workspace when
you're looking for a particular language's version of movie data).

If you don't go with multiple workspaces, it gets trickier - you could
build a logical linked list with node references, but that seems harder
to deal with.

Option 2:  One movie node, multiple child nodes for languages.  Create
all the child nodes as the same type (movie:properties or something
similar), and put your properties on the child nodes.

Option 3:  Make each property multi-valued.  This keeps all language
versions of each property all in the same place, simplifying insertion
and retrieval.  The downside is that, every time you retrieve any
property, you are forced to retrieve all language versions of it.

Hope this helps,

-Brian