jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ruchi goel <Ruchi.G...@Sun.COM>
Subject how to shutdown a remote repository
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:25:49 GMT
Hi,
   *I have a program which registers,starts the repository and then
exposes it as remote repository by following code :
*
            Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
"org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.provider.DummyInitialContextFactory");
            env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost");

            InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(env);

            RegistryHelper.registerRepository(ctx, REPOSITORY_NAME,
REPOSITORY_CONFIG, REPOSITORY_DIR, true);
             repository = (Repository) ctx.lookup(REPOSITORY_NAME);

             //bind repository
            ServerAdapterFactory factory = new ServerAdapterFactory();
            RemoteRepository remote =
factory.getRemoteRepository(repository);
            Registry reg = LocateRegistry.createRegistry(new
Integer(REPOSITORY_PORT).intValue());
            reg.rebind("jackrabbit", remote);

*Now , I want a module to shutdown the above repository. I have tried
the following :*
          Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
"org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.provider.DummyInitialContextFactory");
            env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost");
            InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(env);
           repository = (Repository) ctx.lookup(REPOSITORY_NAME);
          RegistryHelper.unregisterRepository(ctx,REPOSITORY_NAME);

*But the above is not able to do a lookup for the repository.

Then tried looking up as  via RMI url :*
 ClientRepositoryFactory factory = new ClientRepositoryFactory();
         try{
           repository =
factory.getRepository("rmi://localhost:1101/jackrabbit");

         }catch(Exception e){
           System.out.println(e.getMessage());
           e.printStackTrace();
         }

*But here RemoteRepository does not have a method to shutdown !!

Is there some other way to shutdown the repository ?*

Thanks,
Ruchi