jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OverlappingFileLockException using DerbyPersistenceManager
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:26:57 GMT
just my 2c, I didn't really investigated this issue in more detail...

according to the javadoc of FileChannel.tryLock() the
OverlappingFileLockException is thrown if the JVM already holds a lock on the
channel.

in contrast, the current check in the repository startup method primarily
focuses on the situation where *two* JVMs start a repository on the same home
directory.

I'd say the OverlappingFileLockException is thrown because two repository
instances are startup within the *same* JVM using the same repository home
directory.

I suggest we add a catch clause, which also covers OverlappingFileLockException
in addition to IOException.

regards
  marcel