jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: question about score
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:12:58 GMT
Paco Avila wrote:
> All the returned nodes have the same number of properties. But the each
> one have a "okm:content" subnode where stores the document binary
> content. Is this binary content modifying the score?

the score is not just influenced by the number of the properties but also by
their size (i.e. the number of tokens they contain).

therefore, yes, if you have binary content that is fulltext indexed, it will
influence the score (iirc).

> This is a bit weird
> because I want to ckeck ONLY one property value :/

yes it is, but why do you bother when you just query for a property value?

regards
  marcel