jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Why these two queries don't return the same?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:38:08 GMT
Paco Avila wrote:
> I think this two queries are "equivalents" because both search in the
> node content, but the results are differents:
>
> 	//element(*,okm:document)/@jcr:path[jcr:contains(okm:content,'apache')]
> order by @jcr:score descending
>
> 	//element(*,okm:resource)/@jcr:path[jcr:contains(.,'apache')] order by
> @jcr:score descending

The queries actually look malformed. Shouldn't it read:

//element(*,okm:document)[jcr:contains(okm:content,'apache')]
  order by @jcr:score descending

and

//element(*,okm:resource)[jcr:contains(.,'apache')]
  order by @jcr:score descending

?

But even then, the nodes in the query result will be different because of the
element() node test. the first query will return okm:document nodes, whereas the
second query will return okm:resource nodes.

regards
  marcel