jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Lubos and Alena Pochman" <pochm...@gmail.com>
Subject How to communicate between repository client and server with only JCR, JSR-170 API
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:16:44 GMT
Hi,

I started exploring Jackrabbit and went over FirsHop, SecondHop, ThirdHop
examples.

I also deployed jackrabbit-webapp-1.2.2 servlet with WebDav repository
server (can see it in DAV Explorer)
over http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.2.2/repository/default/,
http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.2.2/server.

FirsHop, SecondHop, ThirdHop examples use TransientRepository(), and I have
modified the jackrabbit server webapp
and the ...Hop examples to use the server with creating repository like
this:

        String repoName = "rmi://localhost:5999/jackrabbit.repository";
        ClientRepositoryFactory factory = new ClientRepositoryFactory();
        Repository repository = factory.getRepository(repoName);

The problem is that ClientRepositoryFactory is Jackrabbit implementation not
a JCR, JSR-170.
I would prefer to avoid RMI (but can live with it), and I would like client
to be CMS neutral, do not use Jackrabbit, but use only
JCR, JSR-170 complaint API.

Is there a way?

Thanks, Lubos Pochman