jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Miguel Ángel Jiménez" <miguel...@gmail.com>
Subject Errors with new cluster feature
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:02:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying the new cluster feature of Jackrabbit 1.2.1 and found some
issues. Using FileJournal to synchronize state between instances, we are
experiencing some errors that point to a possible corruption of the log
file:

2007-02-14 10:34:00,911 ERROR [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl]
Unable to start clustered node, forcing shutdown...
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.JournalException: Unable to iterate over
modified records: malformed input around byte 178
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.FileJournal.sync(FileJournal.java
:313)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.ClusterNode.sync(ClusterNode.java
:217)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.ClusterNode.start (
ClusterNode.java:164)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java
:308)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java
:573)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.createRepository(
BindableRepository.java:174)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.init (
BindableRepository.java:138)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.create(
BindableRepository.java :125)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory.createInstance(
BindableRepositoryFactory.java :59)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.RegistryHelper.registerRepository(
RegistryHelper.java:60)
    at
com.germinus.xpression.cms.jcr.EmbeddedRepositoryFactory.getRepository(
EmbeddedRepositoryFactory.java:50)
    at com.germinus.xpression.cms.jcr.JCRUtil.initRepository(JCRUtil.java
:243)
Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 178
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:639)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.FileRecord.readCreator (
FileRecord.java:242)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.FileRecord.<init>(FileRecord.java
:106)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.FileRecordCursor.next(
FileRecordCursor.java:101)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.FileJournal.sync(FileJournal.java
:303)
    ... 130 more

Perhaps I'm wrong but looks like two instances are writing the file
simultaneously. Is this behaviour known or misconfiguration? The journal log
is placed in a shared folder on a Linux machine and exported by SAMBA to the
instances. I have tested the lock file capabilities of the shared filesystem
and they are ok.

--
Miguel.