jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject JCR Import/Export gotchas
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:16:58 GMT
Hi all,
We are currently reviewing how best to provide complete and partial
import/export of objects from JCR for a model with lots of referential
integrity.

Having read the spec relating to Session.import/export and
Workspace.getImportContentHandler() I'd welcome comments on gotchas to
avoid:

 * using 'document' versus 'system' view. I presume for backup & restore use
system view?
 * "session imports" versus direct "workspace imports"
 * the various UID resolution modes

As a starter I'm already aware that its much better to put all your content
within a top level folder to allow easy bulk imports/exports.

Thanks in advance,
Shaun

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC
Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html