jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Multiple Jackrabbits using the same database for read operations
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:46:45 GMT
Hi Anton,
We did some initial tests using RMI and performance was much too slow
compared with a Model 1 or 2 deployment.
Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: anton_slutsky [mailto:aslutsky@applevac.com]
Sent: 06 February 2007 00:00
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: Multiple Jackrabbits using the same database for read
operations

Hello everyone,

This is an intersting topic.  We are thinking of how to handle the same
exact use case and pointing various jackrabbit instances to the same
datasource is being heavily discussed.  Looking at how they do their
indexing and such, it doesnt look like it would work.  Has anybody tried
using the JCA or the RMI access options on applications with any
considerable load?  I'm wondering if those methods are scalable enough.

Thanks