jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: How best to install seed data & types with JackRabbit?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:03:14 GMT
Hi Toby,
Can I interpret "we will contribute.." to mean you have such a packaging
mechanism already, or you plan to build one?
Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: tobias.strasser@gmail.com [mailto:tobias.strasser@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Tobias Bocanegra
Sent: 02 February 2007 07:53
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: How best to install seed data & types with JackRabbit?

hi,
we will contribute a general 'packaging' mechanism that allows export and
import of namespace information, nodetypes and content. this will perfectly
suite your needs to bootstrapping.

regards, toby

On 2/2/07, Michael Neale <michael.neale@gmail.com> wrote:
> This sounds like a good candidate for a Google Summer Of Code project.
>
> You should start a wiki page on ideas for this.
>
> It looks like (from rumours I hear) that the Jackrabbit CND format
> will be the generic format for "JCR2" which is brilliant (any JSR
> folks on the list care to comment?). If that is indeed the case, it
> would be great to base this tool around CND files for migration.
>
> Michael.
>
> On 1/31/07, Richard A. Steele <gmane@steelezone.net> wrote:
> >
> > Shaun Barriball <sbarriba <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> >

> > > Hi all,
> > > What are JackRabbit users recommendations for creating &
> > > installing the initial state of a JackRabbit repository?
> > >
> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Shaun.
> > >

> > Hi Shaun,
> >
> > Your posting couldn't be more relevant for me as I've been
> > struggling with this as well.  To expand your subject a bit, I'd
> > love to have a discussion as to how to handle changes to the
> > repository over time, as for releases of new application versions.
> > The initial install could be seen as a transition from "version 0"
> > to "version 1", but what and how do others do upgrades to the
> > repository?
> >
> > The concept of Ruby on Rails migrations comes to mind.
> >
> > Rich

Tobias Bocanegra, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel T
+41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use"  The Wall Street
Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html