jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Multiple Jackrabbits using the same database for read operations
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:42:26 GMT
Hi Sriram,
I submitted a similar enquiry a few weeks ago titled "Deployment use-case :
1 read/write instance / multiple read-only instances" and my understanding
is that you cannot read from the same database (much as we'd like to).
The recommended solution is to use the JackRabbit clustering features and
database replication to distinct db instances for each reader. I'm assuming
that multiple repositories hitting the same database can cause corruption.

I'd welcome any suggestions from those that know different to the above.

Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sriram Narayanan [mailto:sriramnrn@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 February 2007 13:36
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Multiple Jackrabbits using the same database for read operations

Hi all:

Assume a Content Repository store that we will only read from. In such a
case, would it be possible for multiple instances of JackRabbit to hit the
same database ?

Are there any lessons learned when trying such an action ?

If this is not available out of the box, would implementing a custom
PersistenceManager help ? I'm willing to put in this effort, if need be.

Thanks in advance

-- Sriram

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html