jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Oracle JDBC and persistence managers
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:04:33 GMT
The "Oracle JDBC & JCA Connection questions" thread has included a number of
useful recommendations on which Persistence Managers to use, over and above
info available on the faq
(http://jackrabbit.apache.org/faq.html#pm-available)

Is there a good resource which summarises all the latest known info on
Persistence Managers?

For our own setup I'm specifically interested in:
 1) what are the benefits of using the SimpleDbPersistenceManager versus
OraclePersistenceManager when using Oracle? (We're using Oracle and hadn't
realised there was a dedicated manager)

 2) is anyone out there using MySql with the SimpleDbPersistenceManager?

We've already found Oracle/SimpleDbPersistenceManager to be much faster than
DerbyPersistenceManager.

Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: 21 February 2007 15:37
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: [JCR Browser] Oracle JDBC & JCA Connection questions

On 2/21/07, Andrea K. <akregar@alteanet.it> wrote:

> I explain questione nr. 1:
> - OraclePersistenceManager/OracleFileSystem works
> - JNDIDatabaseFileSystem/JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager give me the
> NULL error creating workspace tables on Oracle 10g.

ok, now i see what you mean. the JNDIDatabase* classes don't support oracle.
oracle has some, erm..., rather peculiar 'features', like for instance
treating empty strings as null values, which require specialized handling :(

is there a specific reason for not using OraclePersistenceManager?

anyway, feel free to file a jira enhancement request.

cheers
stefan