jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Providing RMI access for a model 2 - shared deployment
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:51:58 GMT
Hi Zukka,
Thanks for your response (as always).

"....you can simply configure your existing repository webapp to expose the
RMI endpoint. Check the rmi-port, rmi-host, and rmi-uri init parameters in
the RepositoryStartup servlet configuration within WEB-INF/web.xml in the
Jackrabbit webapp."

My setup:

/Tomcat
	/conf
		server.xml
			- Configured as per
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/deploy/howto-model2.html to provide
JackRabbit via JNDI
                  - Snippet from server.xml below.
	/webapps
		app1 - using JNDI to access JackRabbit
		app2 - using JNDI to access JackRabbit

So I don't actually have a deployed webapp based on the
JackRabbit-webapp.war
(http://mirrors.dedipower.com/ftp.apache.org/jackrabbit/binaries/jackrabbit-
webapp-1.2.1.war). I have deployed that in the past to enable RMI access but
only where "app1" and "app2" were then changed to use RMI over JNDI.

So my clarifications are (as I'm rusty on RMI and JNDI):

 1) do I need to deploy the JackRabbit-webapp and configure its JNDI and RMI
settings such that it "replaces" the configuration in the server.xml?, or

 2) do I need to deploy the JackRabbit-webapp such that uses JNDI to lookup
the repository configured in the server.xml and then just exposes via RMI?,
or

 3) can I improve my server.xml and add the RMI library to common/lib to get
JackRabbit registered in both JNDI and RMI WITHOUT the need to deploy
JackRabbit-webapp?

Regards,
Shaun.

-- Snippet from server.xml --

  <Resource name="jcr/globalRepository"
          auth="Container"
          type="javax.jcr.Repository"
          description="JCR repository"/>

<ResourceParams name="jcr/globalRepository">
  <parameter>
    <name>factory</name>
    <value>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>configFilePath</name>

<value>C:/software/tomcat-5.0.30/jackrabbit-server/WEB-INF/repository/reposi
tory.xml</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>repHomeDir</name>