jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Herranz" <carlos.herr...@thenetfirm.com>
Subject RE: Anyone using JCR Browser???
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:37:54 GMT
Hello,

What about accessing Jackrabbit deployed on JBoss?

I have my Jackrabbit repository configured with JCA and I've already
made it accessible through WebDAV but I'm having trouble configuring the
RMI server in order to connect from JCRBrowser.
I followed instructions on
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss and posts on this
subject, but I'm not very confident with the result.

I've successfully deployed the jcr-rmi JAR with the following
configuration in jackrabbit-rmi-service.xml

	<mbean code="org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.jmx.JCRServer"
		name="Jackrabbit.services:RMIServer = JCR RMI Server">
		<attribute
name="LocalAddress">java:jcr/local</attribute>
		<attribute
name="RemoteAddress">jnp://localhost:1199/jcrServer</attribute>
		<!-- Optional attribute
		<attribute name="LocalEnvironment">

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory

java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
			java.naming.provider.url=localhost:1199
		</attribute>	-->
		<!-- Optional attribute-->
		<attribute name="RemoteEnvironment">

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory

java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
			java.naming.provider.url=localhost:1199
		</attribute>

<depends>jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionFactory,name=jcr/local</depe
nds>
	</mbean>

When I try to connect from JCRBrowser I keep getting the following
error:

"Could not connect to remote JCR-Server using the following RMI-URL:
rmi://localhost:1199/jcrServer
non-JRMP server at remote endpoint"

Can someone help me figuring out what could be wrong?
Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Carlos