jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Providing RMI access for a model 2 - shared deployment
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:58:35 GMT
Hi Zukka et al,
Thanks for the info. I tried your suggestion.

* I modified the JackRabbit web.xml to only include the config for the
"Repository" servlet.
* Changing "repository-name" worked fine
* However I expected/hoped that specifying an rmi-url with host and port
would result in the repository being exposed via RMI. This didn't happen.

Looking at the code for RepositoryAccessServlet it does not appear to be
capable of exposing a repository via RMI, unlike RepositoryStartup which
can. I'm guessing RepositoryAccessServlet  is only intended for access, not
for publishing?

If this is the case, is it possible to get the RepositoryStartup to either:

 * read from a JNDI name and publish via RMI, or

 * initialise the repository and publish into the global JNDI spec for other
webapps AND via RMI. Perhaps I'm just looking for the right combination of
"java.naming.provider.url" and "java.naming.factory.initial" values to
emulate the settings on the Tomcat server.xml.

Using model 2 with RMI enabled access will be very, very useful for remote
adminstration.

Regards,
Shaun.