jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lei Zhou <L...@pointalliance.com>
Subject Re: V1.1.1 source download file incomplete?
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:48:21 GMT
Hi Jukka,

> Would it be useful to have full javadocs of each release available on
> the Jackrabbit web site? We can do that if there's demand

It would be nice to have, but don't bother if it takes many efforts to
maintain.

> Many of the query classes are generated from JavaCC grammar files by
> the build system. Run "maven jar" and look for target/generated-src.

I actually would really like to have a binary jackrabbit JAR file that
includes all jar dependencies and doesn't rely on any other classpath
except for finding the common JDK packages.

I ask for this because I'm having problem implementing jackrabbit
deployment Model 2 on WebSphere Portal server. Because there is already an
IBM version of Jcr implementation on the server's root classpath. And I
can't configure a JNDI resource environment reference for Jackrabbit since
the portal server would always find the IBM's implementation of
javax.jcr.Repository.

I'm thinking if I can have all dependencies packaged into one
jackrabbit-1.1.1.jar file, I'd be able to put this jar file in the shared
library and instantiate the repository implementation as a singleton.
Would this be possible?

Thanks,
Lei