jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "dan" <danz8...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: RowIterator loop is slow?
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 15:57:09 GMT
Hi Marcel,

> > - RowIterator.nextRow(): 13234-9375 = 3859ms
>
> that indicates that most of the time is spent in retrieving the values
> from persistent storage. Does your application really require to read
> all 2000 documents?

Actually, I was forced to use this approach because I could not find a
proper content structure and/or query syntax to support the client's
requirement.

In my case, my:document nodes refer to MULTIPLE "categories". I need to
support queries that say:

//element(*, my:document)
[ (jcr:deref(@my:cat1Ref, 'cat1Entry'))
       (--- the document must refer to at least one of the 'category1'
            entries)

  And (jcr:deref(@my:cat2Ref, 'cat2Entry')/@my:text = 'cat2_Entry_2')
       (--- the document must also refer to category2 entry, named
            "cat2_entry_2")

  And (jcr:deref(@my:cat3Ref, 'cat3Entry')/@my:text = 'cat3_Entry_x')
       (--- the document must also refer to category3 entry, named
            "cat3_entry_x")

]/jcr:deref(@my:cat1Ref, 'cat1Entry')/@my:text order by @my:text

Due to the query limitations, I had to gather all document nodes and
manually compile the list of referenced category entries.

Would you advise on some other approaches?

Thanks,
Dan