jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Neale" <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CMS systems that use jackrabbit back end?
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:04:16 GMT
alfresco *now* certainly has their own JCR back end.

As for LGPL (GPL != LGPL !!):

you can use Apache2 licenced software in an LGPL product as source, I
believe, with no issues, I am not so familiar with GPL though. And obviously
you can link it in (as a jar) to anything.

Apache 2 licence is one of the more liberal "do with the source what you
want" type licences, which provides the author some protection (if you want
to sue the authors, you lose the right to use the software ;).

but, as always IANALBMFI (I Am Not A Laywer But My Father Is).

Michael.