jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Persistence of Event Listeners
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:42:32 GMT
hi noah,
you can't register an event listener that is not attached to a
session. but what is the problem? when you're application starts, just
create a session and register your listener. the session will never
close automatically (unless the repository is shut down).

regards, toby

On 12/12/06, Noah Vihinen <nvihinen@maven.net> wrote:
> I'd like to be able to register a 'persistent' event listener.  It
> looks like the suggested method (according to the 170 spec) is to use
> a 'system' session.  Gaining access to a session with this scope
> doesn't seem to be described in the spec however.  Also, the
> jackrabbit-specific getSystemSession() method in RepositoryImpl is
> not accessible (nor do I prefer to use non-standard apis).
>
> So does anyone know the right way to register an event listener that
> persists beyond a single session?
>
> Thanks,
> Noah

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97