jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: repository portability
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:44:43 GMT
well, your problem is not jackrabbit related, rather to the default
platform encoding for your system:

you read/write the data, using the default encoding:

nodoPruebaName.getBytes()

which is not platform independent. it's better to use:

nodoPruebaName.getBytes("utf-8")

or even better, use the same encoding you store in the jcr:encoding property.
regards, toby

On 12/6/06, Paco Avila <pavila@git.es> wrote:
> El mié, 06-12-2006 a las 09:34 +0100, Tobias Bocanegra escribió:
> > > More or less.... The text data files are platform dependant encoding.
> > which ones?
>
> I create an repository under Windows with a "nt:file" node. The content
> is a string with some latin-1 and greek chars. I make an backup (a tar
> archive) and restore it on Linux. But, the greek chars are not readed
> correctly.
>
> Attached is the repository definition, the test code (read and write)
> and the repository backuped from Windows.
>
> Note: I make a tar from the repository directory, not an repository
> export.
> --
> Paco Avila <pavila@git.es>

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97