jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Levy <l...@csl.sri.com>
Subject Invalid XML characters in export
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:03:13 GMT

Recently I happened to create a String property containing chars
below #x20.   The System View XML export then attempts to escape
such values (e.g. as &#0; etc.).  However, most chars in this
range are in fact not valid XML characters at all, so import fails
  javax.jcr.InvalidSerializedDataException: failed to parse XML stream:
Character reference "&#0" is an invalid XML character.

Of course, binary data should be in a binary property, but
in the event some binary does somehow get into a String property,
it means the XML export appears to work, but is actually not usable.

Is there a way to deal with this issue? I wasn't able to find
much clarification on what the correct behavior should
be from the spec (String properties are supposed to
be like java.lang.Strings, but Sec 6.4.4 doesn't mention
ways to escape non-XML characters).

Regards,
Joshua