jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Moss" <mos...@googlemail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit performance when adding many documents to repository.
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:36:06 GMT

I'm looking for some tips to improve performance when adding several
documents to the repository.

Initially, I tried:
 - create session
 - for each document {
      - add document as nt:file node with jcr:content child
      - save session }
 - close session.

but the performance of this was terrible!  It took ~ 45 minutes to add 1500
documents to the repository.

I then tried doing a single save at the end of the loop just before closing
my session, but this resulted in an out of memory error on session.save();

Can anyone advise on the best way to approach this task?
A straight forward file copy takes ~ 4mins.  I realise that Jackrabbit is
doing more than just copying the files, e.g. lucene indexing? but surely 40
minutes is far too long for this task.

If it's useful, I'm connecting to the repository via RMI

Thanks. D.