jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeTypeRegistry.checkForReferencesInContent()
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:32:47 GMT
Hi,

On 12/26/06, anton_slutsky <aslutsky@applevac.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone's actively working on implementing the
> checkForReferencesInContent() method (quoted below).  Because if not, we'd
> like to contribute source.  unregisterNodeTypes() doesnt work without it.
> Makes it a bit of a pain to write unit tests as well as some application
> functionality.  Please let me know if anyone's doing this already so we dont
> duplicate effort.

There's a long-standing feature request JCR-322 about this, but
although it's popped up in discussion every now and then, there hasn't
yet been much real effort to resolve it. Contributions would be very
welcome!

Note that implementing the method is somewhat hard, as you'd
essentially need to get a global write lock on the entire repository
and traverse all the content to find the node type references. This
operation might also interfere with any pending transient or
transactional changes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting