jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence of Event Listeners
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:40:29 GMT
Hi,

On 12/12/06, Noah Vihinen <nvihinen@maven.net> wrote:
> I'd like to be able to register a 'persistent' event listener.  It
> looks like the suggested method (according to the 170 spec) is to use
> a 'system' session.  Gaining access to a session with this scope
> doesn't seem to be described in the spec however.  Also, the
> jackrabbit-specific getSystemSession() method in RepositoryImpl is
> not accessible (nor do I prefer to use non-standard apis).

You can create your own "system session" simply by logging in with a
superuser account and keeping that session alive for the entire
lifetime of the repository. You can then register an event listener on
that session to receive notification of all the changes to the
respective workspace.

BR,

Jukka Zitting