jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit performance when adding many documents to repository.
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:26:36 GMT

On 12/11/06, David Moss <mossdo@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for some tips to improve performance when adding several
> documents to the repository.
> [...]
> Can anyone advise on the best way to approach this task?

The save() operation is expensive but so is having a too large
transient space. The best way to do bulk imports for now is to save()
the transient changes every now and then, like once every 100 added
nodes. This should give you a nice performance boost.

Note also that the RMI layer is not a very efficient way to access the
repository. For best performance with bulk operations over the RMI
layer I would definitely recommend using the XML import/export
operations since they simply stream the XML data over the network.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message