jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with repository initialization.
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:50:51 GMT
Hi,

On 12/8/06, krispyjala <krispyjala@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any clue to this?  I am also running into the same error
> and I can't get anywhere.  Same as Joan, there is no .lock file when I start
> my repository but when I wrote code to try to get the jcr session it's
> saying that the .lock file is locked by another process.  But the thing is I
> have only one repository! How can this be?

The problem is most likely that you have more than one Repository
instance around. Either you have a separate JVM that has an open
repository running on the same directory, or you already have another
repository instance in the same JVM.

Check that the repository is defined as a singleton bean in Spring,
and that you've defined the bean only once. If that doesn't help, you
may want to monitor the .lock file or your logs to better understand
when and why the first repository instance is created.

BR,

Jukka Zitting