jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: repository portability
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:26:47 GMT
Hi,

On 12/7/06, Paco Avila <pavila@git.es> wrote:
> El jue, 07-12-2006 a las 11:10 +0100, Paco Avila escribió:
> > Ok, I was not sure about it. I thougth that jcr:encoding was used by
> > Jackrabbit to encode and store the data when the jcr:mimeType was
> > "text/*".
>
> Or used by Lucene to index the data with the proper encoding.

Correct. In fact the jcr:encoding property *is* used by the
repository, it gets passed to the configured TextFilter instances by
the NodeIndexer class, and is used for example by the
TextPlainTextIndexer as the encoding parameter of the
InputStreamReader it instantiates to access the character content of
the binary stream.

BR,

Jukka Zitting