jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in logging in to remote repository via JNDI (using Tomcat)
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:15:36 GMT
Hi,

On 12/6/06, Ruchi Goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
> I get following error in last line , while I am able to login as anonymous.
> [...]
>         java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:
> Files/netbeans-5.0/enterprise2/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/common/classes/

This seems to be caused by an unencoded space in the codebase URL of a
marshalled object that the *server* is trying to unmarshal. This is a
quite tricky issue that is caused by the use of URLClassLoader based
on File.toURL() rather than File.toURI().toURL() together with the
following "will not be fixed" issue in Java:

You should be able to avoid this issue by adding the
-Djava.rmi.server.useCodebaseOnly=true option to the RMI server.

PS. You probably should make the "RemoteRegistry remote" variable a
static class member to avoid it being garbage-collected while no
clients are connected.

BR,

Jukka Zitting