jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Przemo Pakulski <przemyslaw.pakul...@cognifide.com>
Subject Re: Connection data in workspace
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:38:43 GMT

There is JIRA issue registered for such feature - 'Allow to inherit
workspace configuration from repository level template'
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-599) and proposal solution.

Vote for that issue, then there will be a chance that this improvement
will be included in next releases.

Thanks, Przemo

> Hi Nick,
> I ran into this same problem.  You have to edit each workspace
> configuration file manually.  The repository.xml file is a template and
> is only used for the workspaces when they are first created.
> Mark
> Nick Stolwijk wrote:
>> We use Jackrabbit in combination with Oracle. Even then the some data
>> is written to disk. Among this data is your connection data (in
>> workspaces/default/Workspace.xml). This is not a big problem, but when
>> you change your repository.xml with other connection data, it is still
>> being read from the workspace directory (the old data)
>> Was this by intention or an oversight? Is there a way to prevent this?
>> With regard,
>> Nick Stolwijk

View raw message