jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Error shutting down RepositoryImpl
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:40:47 GMT
Lei Zhou wrote:
> Due to deployment issues (can't use BindableRepository as jndi resource
> due to class path conflict with the server), I loaded Jackrabbit classes
> and my content managing service JAR file from the EAR root, and used
> RepositoryImpl directly. In my initialization code, I used similar Runtime
> hook as the BindableRepository to ensure the shutdown method was invoked.
> As you've mentioned in Jira entries jcr-120 and jcr-57, it seems to me
> that the shutdown hook is invoked too late in the process. I may need to
> find another way/place to ensure the shutdown is invoked.
> Any suggestion?

you could implement a ServletContextListener where you start and stop the
repository. or use a simple servlet where you implement the init() and destroy()
methods.

For an example see:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-webapp/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/j2ee/RepositoryStartupServlet.java

regards