jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: keywords in context
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 09:37:13 GMT
David Moss wrote:
> Is it possible to retrieve context to results of a query on the repository?
> e.g. Like in google, where you see the context to a 'hit'.
> I believe Lucene has the facility for this, but accept that available in
> Lucene != available in Jackrabbit.

this statement is correct. lucene provides such a functionality and a lot more,
but jackrabbit is limited to the JCR API.

The preferable approach would be to propose an enhancement to the JSR 283 expert
group.

If we just want to provide a the functionality in a jackrabbit proprietary way
we need to define:

- is this an enhancement to the query syntax? If yes:
     - how do you state in a query that you are interested in
       highlight information?
     - how is this information returned in a query?

- should we introduce new methods? If yes, where and what methods?

regards
  marcel