jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: RowIterator loop is slow?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:21:29 GMT
dan wrote:
> IMO, "order by NOT_JUST_jcr:score" is very common use case. The way that
> retrieving all nodes from multiple BLOBs into Java objects and then do Java
> sorting, won't have any performance advantage over that allowing RDB to
> handle everything in one shot.

The expensive sorting is only done when document order is requested. order by
jcr:score() was just an example. If you order by any other property lucene will
do the sorting as well, just like ordering by score.

Can you give more details where those 3 seconds are spent? I'd be interested to
know how much time is spent in:

- Query.execute()
- QueryResult.getRows()
- RowIterator.nextRow()