jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: RowIterator loop is slow?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 08:59:55 GMT
dan wrote:
> All at once? I thought the Lucene search would return a set of Node UUIDs or
> something similar. Then the reading of actual Rows/Nodes from the result is
> incremental (by smaller chunks).

well, depending on the query you have and the configuration it may happen that
all result nodes are read at once. if your query does not have an 'order by'
clause AND the query handler configuration uses the default value for the
'respectDocumentOrder' parameter. In that case there is a post processing in the
query result which orders the result nodes in document order.

If you have an 'order by jcr:score()' OR if you set the 'respectDocumentOrder'
to false the query result will read the nodes on demand from persistent storage
when you request them through either Row- or NodeIterator.

>> does the performance improve when you look again through the entries?
>
> Yes, I saw a slight improvement. But still around 3 seconds.

Try changing the configuration to respectDocumentOrder=false.

regards
  marcel