jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject multivalue problem
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:21:57 GMT
I've got a node type def like this;

[nen:protected] > mix:referenceable mixin orderable
- nen:owner (string) mandatory multiple
+ nen:ace(nen:ace)=nen:ace multiple

I've verified that this definition is in fact effective in the
repository;

Properties for
node /jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes/nen:protected/jcr:propertyDefinition

name type value
jcr:autoCreated boolean false
jcr:defaultValues string [MV]
jcr:mandatory boolean true
jcr:mixinTypes name [MV]
jcr:multiple boolean true
jcr:name name nen:owner
jcr:onParentVersion string COPY
jcr:primaryType name nt:propertyDefinition
jcr:protected boolean false
jcr:requiredType string STRING
jcr:valueConstraints string [MV]

But when I try to save such a node, I get the exception;

16:11:12,930 ERROR - unable to save resource;
javax.jcr.ValueFormatException: /jcr:content/pages/groups/alumni/isk/nen:owner is not multi-valued
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyImpl.checkSetValue(PropertyImpl.java:247)

using the code

String [] owns = ...
[...]
node.setProperty("nen:owner", owns);

I'm out of ideas why this can happen. The repository was just created,
and then a lot of content from a previous version of that repository was
imported. Can this have an effect on node type definitions? The import
doesn't touch stuff in /jcr:system.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>