jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "spamsucks" <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject Re: Invalid XML characters in export
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:04:10 GMT
This is crazy, but I have been working on this issue all day (on nothing
related to jackrabbit).

I had an error in which I am trying to transfer a String with a 0x19
character inside it using soap (xfire, axis).  The character causes the xml
serialization/deserialization to bomb.

I posted my problem on the xfire list:  I got this response.  While it does
not solve your problem, I think it is related.  I am trying to "clean" my
string data so that this does not occur.

<<
The w3 consortium's XML spec doesn't allow it, please take a look at the XML
specification:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#charsets

As you can see 0x19 is not included in the 'Char' list and a XML parser
should not accept nor generate it.

A XML conformance test suite explicitly ensures that the low (i.e. <0x20)
characters are rejected by the parser under test.
e.g. for Xerces see:
http://xmlconf.sourceforge.net/xml/reports/report-xerces-cnv.html