jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Deployment use-case : 1 read/write instance / multiple read-only instances
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 09:46:26 GMT
Hi,
We have an application that has 2 types of JackRabbit client:
 1) an editor JCR client requiring read/write access, and
 2) multiple viewer JCR clients which only require read access to
JackRabbit. The viewer is responsible for displaying the data being managed
by the editor.

Is it critical that the viewers are as fast as possible.

The simple approach is to use RMI from both 1) and 2) to remotely access a
single JackRabbit instance. Testing has shown that has major performance
implications over say using a local file repository.

I'd appreciates suggestions on deployment models that would effectively
address the above use cases?
For example:
 * can MySql replication be used as a transport for sync'ing read-only
repositories? I'm guessing not as JackRabbit probably won't like the
underlying storage being updated directly.
 * does the ongoing clustering work
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-623) offer a viable solution?

All help appreciated.
Regards,