jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>
Subject Re: Registering Node Types over RMI
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:52:27 GMT
Daniel Murley wrote:
> Hi All,
> Is it at all possible to register node definitions using the RMI client?
> I currently have a situation where the application uses RMI to talk to a
> separate tomcat instance running jackrabbit.  However it doesn't seem to be
> possible to register node types over the wire/

No, it's not possible to register nodetypes over RMI. This is because the JCR
spec does not specify how nodetypes are registered and the JCR API does not
include methods to register nodetypes. Since the RMI interface reflects the JCR
API 1:1 there is no method to register nodetypes in the RMI interface as well.
Nodetype registration has to be done locally on your server. Or you have to
write your own RMI interface to register nodetypes.

View raw message