jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Transactions with Bea WebLogic
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:01:44 GMT
Hi Jackrabbit community,

can Jackrabit be used to implement the following scenario?

  - Bea WebLogic as application server
  - Cluster, each instance has read+write access to the repository
  - Transactions must be supported

I'm not quite sure how to understand the transaction support.
The persistence manager overview states that some of the
persistence managers are transactional. Can I just choose one
of them, or are there differences re. the transactional behaviour?
Do I understand it correctly that the PM has to be JDBC-based to
ensure atomic storage of changes?

OTOH, do I still need transaction support facilities of the
application server?

Which deployment model would be appropriate?
Does the model 3 apply to clusters, or would the repository
clustering be implemented in the back-end (DB cluster)?
Would it be possible to scale the repository back-end and the
application layer independently from each other?

Thank you very much in advance!

-- Andreas