jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lei Zhou <L...@pointalliance.com>
Subject Question on jcr:deref usage
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:16:23 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to build a custom query which is quite complicated. I'd like to
use jcr:deref to achieve the SQL Join style query but am not sure if this
is doable in Jackrabbit. Could anyone comment on the following use case?

The objects: Document has text properties and Category references
The query: user need to search for documents by specifying values of any
combination of text values and/or category values
The query result: user demands a categorized result view, which contains
expandable/collapsable categories

For example, a document may have text properties Subject, author,
Description; and refers to one or more entries of category "Products".
I'd like to be able to create something like  below:

SELECT  Document.Subject, Document.Description,
Document.ProductReference->categoryName
where Subject='Manual' AND description contains 'maintenance' AND
Document.ProductReference->categoryName='Product #1'
order by Document.ProductReference->categoryName, Document.Subject

Is this possible in Jackrabbit with Xpath query?

Thanks,